Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Some of my students have asked me for a list of my favorite memoirs. Here are a few memoirs that still live with me and that I refer to in my own storytelling. Enjoy this holiday season!



I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings              Maya Angelou

No Hurry to Get Home                                  Emily Hahn

Diary of Anne Frank                                     Anne Frank

Hope Against Hope                                       Nadia Mandelstam

The Good, Good Pig                                       Sy Montgomery

Strange Piece of Paradise                            Terri Jentz

The Tenth Muse: My life in Food                Judith Jones

The Inner Voice: The Making of a
     Singer                                                        Renee Fleming

Truth and Beauty                                         Anne Patchett

Woman Who Watches Over the World      Linda Hogan

My Family and Other Animals                     Gerald Durrell

Of Wolves and Men                                      Barry Lopez

Thinking in Pictures                                     Temple Grandin
















No comments:

Post a Comment